8/13/2009

Poison Sumac

Well like i wrote about earlier, over the course of 2 weeks in the swamps in Jackson i readily accumulated more and more poison sumac over my arms and legs. Because our pants were wet from being in the swamp, the oil from the sumac trees was apparently able to soak through to our legs.
Several of us had it and by the middle of the second week, we decided to go to the local hospital and get shots. Waking up at 3 in the morning because of itching isn't a lot of fun.

Like Jerry Seinfeld said, i was pretty happy when i got called by the nurse from the big waiting room to the "littler" waiting room. After the physician assistant (named Rodney, who was big, mean, fat and wearing flowery scrubs) came in and told me i could get prosecuted if i did NOT file this under workman's comp, I got bored sitting in that second littler waiting room.

Here's my heart rate and arms. I don't know if 137 over 73 is good or not. I haven't had to go to the hospital for at least 10 years.
in emergency room, monitoring heart rate, what's a good heart ratemonitoring
It's kinda hard to see from the picture but i had it all along my arm.
poison sumac on my arm, bad rash, itchy
It's been a weeks since getting the cortisone injection and steroid pills and its finally almost all gone.

No comments: